Seminars and Training for Schools, Students, Parents and Professionals
Please note, on this page you will see a number of testimonials about our seminar and speaking programs from audience members. Please keep in mind that these comments refer to our education and seminar services only, not our psychological counselling services. If you have any questions - please let us know!
Kirrilie has been teaching and sharing stories in schools, workplaces and community settings for over 15 years, and to over 40,000 young people, teachers, parents and health professionals in this time.
She tells stories about psychological research, and uses her 19 years of counselling experience as a clinical psychologist, to teach young people about how to manage their time, relationships and emotions.
Kirrilie speaks to parents, teachers, health professionals and youth workers to help inspire them to care for and work with children and young people even more effectively.
Kirrilie has been interviewed about her seminars and work with young people in many media channels (Mornings on Channel 9, ABC news, Behind the News by ABC, radio 5AA , Today Tonight, Madison Magazine, Channel Nine and Seven News, the Advertiser, the Messenger, SA kids and other independent publications).
Kirrilie has now trained a number of other Developing Minds psychologists to deliver these programs.
Seminars and Presentations are suitable for:
Student seminar days, school camps, sporting club events, educator's sessions, parent nights, employee professional development, leadership seminars, school dinners, conferences, graduation ceremonies and many other occasions.
The goal of every seminar delivered is to help give the audience specific, practical actions they can immediately take to live their life to the full.
Specific seminar topics include:
Seminars For Teens
- Getting It Together - getting organised and motivated in senior school, getting on with homework and study when motivation drops, how to manage time and think ahead.
- Memory Magic - knowing how to revise for tests and exams, and maximise your chance of remembering information
- Calm and Confident: Coping with stress and tough times in senior school - managing stress, conflict and struggle throughout adolescence and young adulthood, increasing resilience and coping strategies
- Effective leadership - helping student leadership groups more effectively lead at school
- Liking your Body - improving body image and eating problems (for girls only)
- Mad, Frustrated and Furious - managing anger and frustration effectively
- Smart Social Networking - using Facebook and other social networking sites in fun, safe and wise ways - not just keeping yourself safe from predators, but how to manage the conflict that can happen via social networking
Seminars for Parents, Youth workers, Counsellors and Teachers
- Mad, Sad and Stressed Teens - helping parents and carers know how to support young people in pain
- Helping Teens do Smart Social Networking - helping parents and carers know how to deal with the cyber world of teenagers
- Understanding and working with Teenagers - helping parents, professionals and teachers work, understand and communicate more effectively with the teens of today
- Supporting Teens through Secondary School - helping parents know how to support teens at school, how to help them maximise their grades, minimise conflict and stress and keep relationships positive at home
- Calm and Confident Kids - For parents to know how to support children aged 5-12 when they are worried, scared, stressed and sad, increase their coping and resiliency skills.
- Working with children in the office - for health professionals wanting to increase their communication effectiveness with children
For more information about each of these seminar topics please click on: Seminar Topics
School/Teenage Seminar Packages Include:
The Facebook Without Fuss program - Seminars for students to help them use Facebook safely and wisely. Includes data collection from students about their own Facebook use and seminars for multiple year levels. For information about this package, please click on: Facebook Without Fuss
Brain Training for Teens - a series of three seminars on motivation, revision and stress for year 11 and/or year 12 students, as well as a "Helping Teens Through Senior School" parent information night on how to maximise grades, enjoyment, motivation and safety during senior school. For information about this package, please click on: Brain Training for Teens
Life Skills for Teenage Girls - a series of five seminars for teenage girls, plus a parent information night - about dealing with peers, managing conflict, dealing with stress, getting through difficult times and more. For information on this package, please contact us.
The team at Developing Minds are committed to presentations that are interactive, humorous, practical, relevant and interesting. Our experience with youth mean we understand short attention spans and the need for fun, humour and interaction.
We like to think this is reflected in evaluation comments such as:
We do not invoice for our seminars until after the seminar has been conducted. If you believe we have not connected with our audience, nor provided high quality content - then please simply call us after the seminar to say you were not 100% satisfied - and we will NOT invoice you. We are absolutely committed to providing excellent and extremely useful sessions, and therefore offer this guarantee without reservation.
To Book a Seminar...
Call Kirrilie on (08) 8357 1711 or email her directly at email@example.com