When Life Sucks for Teens
There are times when life really sucks for teens. For example.....
- Their boy/girlfriends break up with them/cheat on them
- They can't do stuff they really want to do
- They have no motivation for that project due tomorrow.
- They hate the way they look.
- They feel down for no reason.
- They feel on the outer with friends.
- They drank too much last night.
- They had a fight with their best friend.
- They can't sleep.
- Their friends are depressed and they worry about them.
- Teachers and parents are mad with them.
- They have horrible thoughts in their head.
- They feel like hurting themselves.
- And more...
When these kinds of thing happens, they can do with some advice. Like what to do, and sometimes more importantly - what not to do.
The trouble is, often teens don't tell adults around them about what is going on. So parents, teachers and other carers can't support them effectively, in ways they need to be supported.
And even when teens do tell people about what is going on - they often don't listen to these adults. It's Mum/Dad/Ms Smith/Grandma - what would they know??
Besides, there are times when well meaning parents and adults simply just do not know what to say.
This is where "When Life Sucks for Teens" will come in handy.
I have spent 15 years listening to thousands of teenagers and spent a zillion hours talking through all the options with them. I've learnt a lot from these teens and their situations and I've got a few ideas of what works.
Here's what I've included: Ideas, tips, things to tell yourself, things to say (yes, the actual words), things not to do at all costs, what's normal and what's not and a few extra things that I think can make a huge difference for you right now.
What do people say about this book?
When Life Sucks is available in both hard copy and eBook format.
The eBook is $19.95 and can be downloaded instantly.
The hard copy is $29.95 (within Australia, there is an extra cost for overseas postage) and will be posted out to you.
Click below to purchase.
Why should PARENTS and CARERS of teens READ this book too?
It will teach you what to say, what advice to give and help you see what's normal for young people facing challenges.