Seminars and Training for Schools, Students, Parents and Professionals
Please note, on this page you will see a number of testimonials about our seminar and speaking programs from audience members. Please keep in mind that these comments refer to our education and seminar services only, not our psychological counselling services. If you have any questions - please let us know!
Kirrilie and the presenting team at Developing Minds have been teaching and sharing stories in schools, workplaces and community settings for over 15 years, and to over 40,000 young people, teachers, parents and health professionals in this time.
They tell stories about psychological research, and use their many years of counselling experience as clinical psychologists, to teach young people about how to manage their time, relationships and emotions, and to support parents, teachers, health professionals and youth workers to care for and work with children and young people even more effectively.
Kirrilie has been interviewed about the Develoing Minds seminars and work with young people in many media channels (Mornings on Channel 9, ABC news, Behind the News by ABC, radio 5AA , Today Tonight, Madison Magazine, Channel Nine and Seven News, the Advertiser, the Messenger, SA kids and other independent publications).
Seminars and Presentations are suitable for:
- Year level assemblies
- Student seminar days
- Student "lunch time" sessions
- School camps/orientation days
- Educator's sessions and professional development workshops
- Parent/caregiver seminars ("school drop off seminars and "parent nights") nights
- Parent/teacher interview evenings
The goal of every seminar delivered is to help give the audience specific, practical actions they can immediately use in their daily routines. We are keen to make sure our seminars are not "just" theoretical, and not just "inspirational" - but actually make a difference - even if it's in just a small way - to our audience's every day life.
Specific seminar topics include:
Seminars For Teens
- Getting It Together - helping senior school students get organised and motivated, manage the temptations of technology, manage time and think ahead.
- Active Learning - helping senior school students understand principles of learning and memory, how to revise for tests and exams, and learn actively rather than passively
- Managing stress and tough times - helping students manage stress, conflict and struggle throughout adolescence and young adulthood, and increase resilience and coping strategies
Seminars are usually presented for entire year levels, but can be conducted for smaller groups. All of the above seminars run for 40-60 minutes.
Seminars for Parents and Caregivers
For parents and caregivers of adolescents:
- Calm and Confident Teens: helping adolescents manage stress, difficult times and to increase their confidence, motivation and well being.
- Smart Gaming and Social Networking - helping parents and carers know how to deal with the cyber world of social networking, gaming
- The Mysterious world of Teens - helping parents understand and communicate more effectively with the teens of today
- Supporting Teens through Secondary School - helping parents know how to support teens at school, how to help them maximise their grades, minimise conflict and stress and keep relationships positive at home
For parents and caregivers of primary aged children
- Calm and Confident Kids - helping parents to know how to support children aged 5-12 when they are worried, scared, stressed and sad, and how to increase their coping and resiliency skills.
- Calm and Co-operative Kids - helping parents to know how to support children aged 5-12 when they are frustrated, struggle to follow instructions, have a strong sense of independence, and to increase coping and resiliency skills
- Helping children through the Emotional Challenges of Primary School - helping parents and caregivers to know the challenges for children aged 5 to 12 in managing school, peer relationships, challenges related to learning and becoming independent.
Parent/caregiver seminars usually run for 60-90 minutes as "stand alone" events, but shortened versions can also be conducted if the presentation is part of an existing school evening.
Seminars for Professionals (Teachers, Youth workers, Counsellors and Teachers)
- Adolescent Mental Health and Well-being - helping professionals understand issues related to adolescent mental health, and to be aware of practical strategies to use to support young people dealing with anxiety, trauma and difficult life events
- Young people and the digital world - helping professionals to understand the complexities of children and adolescents use of digital world, including gaming, social networking, smart phone use, internet usage and more.
- Child Mental Health and Well Being - helping professionals understand issues related to child mental health, and to be aware of practical strategies to use to support young people dealing with anxiety, trauma and difficult life events
- Q and A - pick your own topic and have a "Q and A" with Kirrilie about any aspect of child or adolescent development or mental health (either on a panel or own her own).
Professional Learning seminars usually run for 60-90 minutes as "stand alone" events, but shortened versions can also be conducted if the presentation is part of an existing school event.
You might also be interested in:
Brain Training for Teens - a series of three seminars on motivation, revision and stress for year 11 and/or year 12 students, as well as a "Helping Teens Through Senior School" parent information night on how to maximise grades, enjoyment, motivation and safety during senior school. For information about this package, please click on: Brain Training for Teens
We do not invoice for our seminars until after the seminar has been conducted. If you believe we have not connected with our audience, nor provided high quality content - then please simply call us after the seminar to say you were not 100% satisfied - and we will NOT invoice you. We are absolutely committed to providing excellent and extremely useful sessions, and therefore offer this guarantee without reservation.
To Book a Seminar...
Call Kirrilie on (08) 8357 1711 or email her directly at email@example.com